- Download ImpulseUSB.zip, which contains the latest JT Impulse firmware and the Impulse USB software.
- Unzip the file and copy both the firmware (JT Impulse Programming) and the installer folder to the Windows desktop or another appropriate directory.
- Open the ImpulseUSB Installer folder and double-click on setup. Follow the instructions to install the Impulse USB software.
- Unload and de-gas the JT Impulse following the instructions in its manual and open or remove the rubber grip.
- With the JT Impulse turned off, connect the Impulse circuit board to the computer using a USB cable. The circuit board’s mobile phone style USB connector is located just below the tournament lock button. Windows may take a moment to properly identify the USB connection.
- Use the newly added Impulse icon on the Windows desktop to launch the Impulse USB software. If the Impulse circuit board is properly connected, the software should display a green bar indicating a connected circuit board.
- Click browse and locate the JT Impulse firmware.
- Click Download to flash the firmware update into the JT Impulse.
- While the Impulse is connected, the menu items in the Settings tab of the Impulse USB software may be used to read or adjust the marker’s settings.
- When the firmware update is complete, disconnect the Impulse from the USB cable.